The 470 Railroad Club meets every third Wednesday of each month. Membership in the club has many benefits including:
- Meetings which feature audio-visual, educational and entertainment programs, and occasional speakers.
- Highly acclaimed monthly newsletter, The 470, which includes up-to-date information on developments of railroads, emphasizing on Northern New England and Eastern Canada. Even if you are not able to attend the meetings, the newsletter is worth the membership dues alone.
- Occasional rail excursions covering both common carrier and tourist roads in our area.
- Most of all, the opportunity to become involved yourself in an organization which prides itself on getting things done!
|Maine Central RR No. 501 during operation
Now owned and under restoration by The 470 Railroad Club
The 470 Railroad Club brings together individuals with a variety of interests and vocations all of which share the theme of rail transportation.
- Historic preservation and operation at railway museums.
- Operators of tourist railways.
- Professional railroaders - current, full time and retired employees of the region's common carriers.
- Photographers, amateur and professional, who record railroad operations and event for one's own collection and for publication.
- Journalists and publishers whose output includes both historical material and the latest railroad developments in our area.
- Collectors of railroad equipment, artifacts and memorabilia.
You are invited to share YOUR interest in railroads
Membership in The 470 Railroad Club is only $25.00 annually ( $30.00 if you prefer 1st Class mailing or for foreign addresses). Simply print the membership application and mail it in.
Meetings: The third Wednesday of each month.
The "470" Railroad Club
P.O. Box 641
Portland, ME 04104
© 1999-2009 The 470 Railroad Club, Inc. all rights reserved.